The reason I find school difficult is...
Actually... This is going to be what I don't like about school... (Prepare for a rant)
For starters, school is incredibly boring. Especially for me. It's the exact same thing day after day after day, and really there's nothing fun! All day I'm on the computer, and all the sites that I need to use for projects and work seem to always be blocked because idiots decide to go on Facebook instead of doing work. I can't even open MS paint and draw!
It's too hot in school! I end up using my paper assignments as fans most of the time, and apparent;y were not allowed to have a fan in here because the district will not allow it. I'm always sweating up a storm and I hate it!
I don't like being around people. I hate it. Half the people in my class don't listen to me and are nothing like me.
I'm also tired of never finding anyone who likes the same things as I do. I say 'anime', and nobody knows what the hell it is, or they say it's stupid. I'm sick of it! I have more friends online that know me better than any of the friends I DO have.
Speaking of online, shouldn't we be utilizing the Internet a LOT more? I would have to say that my teacher does do some cool projects using the internet and most all of our work is on the computer. But, Half the sites with actual facts and information are blocked, and the sites with the images I need for projects are blocked as well. What ever happened to the information highway? Am I supposed to go to a badly outdated book or something? Instead of regulating ALL sites, why not just have the dang teacher WATCH their kids instead. I can say my teacher does her job , -I'm always hearing her correct kids in my class-
And why don't you block the sites that actually are worthless such as craigslist! Are we able to get the stuff from school? NO!What good is it to be able to look up things on Craigslist but not be able to access any Wiki sites? I know my teacher is very frustrated with this as well. Let us have facebook, where we can at least DO something with our time! I mean, what else can we do when our work is done? I usually come up with my best stories talking to friends on facebook, therefore helping my writing skills, my spelling and grammar,-writing a story and posting it as a note- my communication skills -when talking to friends-, debating skills, -when in an argument- Planning, and organization, saving money -playing farmville-. Why block something that can actually help me during school?
Another thing. Why put so many of us in such a SMALL classroom!? We were moved from a much larger classroom that actually had enough computers for all of us. The class there now is smaller than ours, so why aren't they in here? We don't have enough computers in here. And if you're going to put us in here, with inadequate computers, at least send someone to actually fix them when they break! Yes, our computers keep breaking. Blue screens of death mostly. But dear god, the techs in this district suck! The one who came to make sure I wasn't a hacker didn't even know how to open the Internet history for God's sake! Oh yes, they thought I was trying to do something bad because every site I went to to get an image for a project was blocked. And you know what? How am I supposed to do a project I can't get pictures for?! I mean comon, I know there's some bad sites out there but we're not children! We're young adults! WE can -mostly- be trusted, and for those who can't be? Don't give them Internet! Stop making the rest of us suffer for their stupid mistakes and cut us some slack! We're not all pot-heads, we don't all do drugs, we don't all drink or smoke or any of that bad stuff, so stop treating us all like we're the same!!
I think I've ranted enough...for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment