"What do you think the Iraqi people felt about the Americans? How do they feel about us now?
Do you feel this war was a success or not and what do you think will happen over the next 10 years in Iraq ?"
The people of Iraq were led to believe that all Americans were bad people. They were told this by the terrorists that were responsible for 9/11. I believe now that our troops have been in Iraq, fighting for the Iraqi people's freedom, they may now see us as good people, ones who believe in freedom for all. Freedom to choose our fate, to be free of tyranny, of oppression and most of all, of fear.
I do not know whether the war in Iraq was a success or not, but I believe that we have shown ourselves to be good people. It is my hope that now, with the help of the people of Iraq, we can start creating peace between our countries. I also hope, that over the next ten years, America and Iraq become allies in the war against terrorism.
No comments:
Post a Comment