Wednesday, October 6, 2010

10/6/10 island bliss





If you were stranded on an island by yourself what 5 things must you have and why?

The items would be:

A survival knife. This knife includes wire to cute branches with rings to help you hold it, a compass, the knife, a place to store matches, and some flint. This would probably be one of the things I would need most.

A tent: This would provide my shelter until I could build a better one. I could create a platform with vines and wood in a tree and secure the tent in a tree to protect myself from predators.

A canteen/barrel. I could always make a place to store rainwater by using leaves and a hole, but without a place to store it I would run out. Or I could set out the barrel and catche the water directly, using leaves to keep insect life out of it.

Stationary: At least five notebooks, a set of pens and a set of pencils. This would allow me to record anything I disover, a log of my time there, sketches and rubbings, and other things I may need.

A cellphone with unlimited minutes: I wouldn't last a week without someone to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment